Welcome to the X3D Model Exchange
Additive Manufacturing (AM) will have major impacts on future Navy and Marine operations. The research goal of the X3D Model Exchange is to help NPS Additive Manufacturing Makers learn how to find, produce, share and print 3D models. The X3D Graphics International Standard enables archival publishing of geometric data with corresponding metadata for long-term use and re-use.
Acknowledgements. Big thanks and grateful appreciation go to:
|Web3D Consortium members build Open Standards for Real-Time 3D Communication.|
|X3D Graphics is the International Standard for royalty-free viewing and printing of 3D models. Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics is an ISO-ratified, royalty-free open standards file format and run-time architecture to represent and communicate 3D scenes and objects. X3D provides a system for the storage, retrieval and playback of real time 3D scenes in multiple applications, all within an open architecture to support a wide array of domains and user scenarios.|
|National Institutes of Health (NIH) 3D Print Exchange shared open-source software that shows how all these many capabilities can work together. Makers can find many medical models there.|
Current Status. On track 2018-2019, more to follow in 2020:
- Drupal 8 portal upgrade is complete, now proven to be quite stable and easy to administer.
- Milestone 2: Soft Launch capability testing with our initial Makers helped achieve multiple improvements. Thanks!
- Current plans include project archiving for NPS students and faculty in support of NPS Center for Additive Manufacturing.
- Diverse 3D model upload/download testing from gitlab.nps.edu version control is partially implemented and automated.
- Future work will show Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) for best practices and Quality Assurance (QA).
- Please send a CAC request or simply Contact Us if you want to join! Onward we go...